This dish has lots of ingredients but it can be prepared quickly and is a good summer meal.
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 2 skin-on Salmond Fillets
- ½ cup Jasmine Rice
- 4 oz. Green Beans
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 bunch Cilantro and Mint
- 1 stalk Lemongrass
- 2 Tbsp. Golden Mountain
- 1-inch piece of Ginger
- 1 Bird’s Eye Pepper
- 1 Tbs. Rice Vinegar
Mise en place
- Cut off and discard the stem end of the Green Beans.
- Cut off and discard the stem of the Bell Pepper then slice lengthwise.
- Peel and roughly chop the Garlic.
- Pick the Cilantro and Mint leaves off the stems then roughly chop the leaves.
- Chop off the Chile Pepper stem. These can be very spicy if you leave the seeds in. But don’t do like I did and remove all the seeds. Carefully taste before you do that or this won’t be “Spicy Salmon.”
- Cut off and peel the Lemongrass to the flexible white core then finely chop this.
- To a small pot add 1 cup of water, the Rice, and a big pinch of salt. When it boils cover, and reduce the heat to low. After 12 minutes and the water is absorbed fluff the rice and move to a serving dish
- To a large pan heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil until it is hot. Then add the Green Beans, Bell Pepper. Ginger, Lemongrass, and Garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the Golden Mountain Sauce, Vinigar, and as much of the Chile Pepper as you’d like. Season with salt and pepper and move to a serving dish.
- Pat the Salmon Fillets dry the season with salt and pepper. Add 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. When it is hot then add the Salmon skin side down and cook for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add half the Mint and Cilantro to the bowl of rice.
Plate your meal.
Top the salmon to some of the sauce from the vegetables then garnish with the remaining Cilantro and Mint. ENJOY!