Lately I’ve returned to my roots and begun practicing the craft again with more regularity. I say roots because I’m a hereditary witch. Many generations of my family have been witches even well before we emigrated from Scotland to the US in the early 19th century.
The physical injuries that happened when I was just out of my teens, really cut back on how I could practice the craft. Over the years I’ve tried to adapt the virtual world of Second Life to my practice but have never been satisfied with the results. In particular chatting was just too cumbersome and broke the mood. But advancing technology to the rescue!
Like the late Stephen Hawking I use a voice synthesizer to speak. My disability is not a severe as Professor Hawking’s. I have enough motor control to use a standard computer keyboard just more slowly than most people. But chatting calling the corners or the Charge of the Goddess was too limiting.
In the last few weeks I’ve come up with a way to do both using sound. It makes a big difference in my practice. I do a personal Tarot Card reading several times a week in Second Life. Hearing the corners called along with The Charge of the Goddess makes my readings more insightful. Others may find this procedure useful so here is what I’ve done.
- Write down calling the corners and The Charge of the Goddess in a word processing file. I use Microsoft Word.
- Use a text to voice program to make an MP3 file of calling each corner and The Charge of the Goddess. I use one called Natural Reader. Because of technical problems I had to make separate MP3’s of each corner and the charge.
- Use an audio program to combine those MP3 files into one MP3 file. I use Adobe Audition.
- Upload that MP3 to this blogging site.
- Created a prim in Second Life that will call up that MP3 with just one click and accepting “Go to Page” in a menu that appears. The script in the contents of that prim contain a call to the URL Here is the script I usedefault
key id = llDetectedKey(0);
integer avatarInSameSim = (llGetAgentSize(id) != ZERO_VECTOR);// TRUE or FALSE
string info = “Cast a Circle and charge”;
// must start with either “http://…” or “https://…”
string url = “https://whooshingthemetaverse.com/cast-circle-and-charge-of-the-goddess/”;
llLoadURL(id, info, url);
llInstantMessage(id, “I can only open a URL dialog on your screen if you’re in my sim!”);
I just go to my altar (See picture above.) in Second Life add my scripted athame then click on the prim to begin my rituals. Since I use a standard opening for most rituals, I only need to change it rarely.
If you want to hear my calling of corners and Charge of the Goddess, just click the right pointing arrowhead below.