Strawberry Singh put out a challenge to post seven facts about your Second Life. I thought this was interesting project so here are seven facts about Willow Dion.
- Fact #1 Since I joined SL in 2005 I think I’ve always had a “premium account”. I’m not sure but I don’t think there was what is now called a free account back then. If there was I started paying for my account within a few days. Since I found friends and started having fun within a few days.
- Fact#2 One of those friends, Bob, is older than SL. He was part of the beta test of Second Life and has a rez day of April 2003 and SL’s birthday is June 2003.
- Fact #3 Bob and I had daily or almost daily help sessions for newbies during the latter part of 2005. He would do the more technical help sessions and I would have the “fun” part by having a pool party and showing people how to dance, turn their music on, and other fun tips. I was really addicted and one day I danced for eight hours. We had these sessions twice a day, one for Europeans and one for the Americans. Eventually I burned out.
- Fact #4 When I joined you could pick your first name. But you could only use a last name from a limited number of choices that Linden Lab gave you. So, I became Willow Dion.
- Fact #5 During my time in SL I took an almost two-year vacation where I would just log in once a month. During the time I was gone mesh clothing got good. It was so different I had to learn to get dressed all over again.
- Fact #6 It took me nine years to find my husband. Since we celebrated our third anniversary the past summer good things come to those who wait even in SL.
- Fact #7 After some initial experimenting I have stayed with the same basic shape I made until January of this year. Except when I was expecting our daughter and I made appropriate changes. I tried the first mesh bodies and heads but didn’t like them because they were not me. When Bento heads became available I tried them with the Maitreya body. I modified my shape so the combination looks like an improved me. Now I have a mesh body and head I like and doubt I’ll make many changes unless something spectacular comes along.